Our waiting area is now open
We are so excited to be able to welcome you into our beautiful waiting room, we hope you like it as much as we do!
To help us comply with government guidelines, help reduce the risk of spread and remain fully operational your visit to the hospital will be a little different than usual. You and your pets will still receive the same amazing care.
We’ve introduced a new process
- Arrival – Please come to the front door on Willoughby Rd. Cats must be in a cage and dogs on a lead.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided when entering the clinic.
- We ask that when possible 1 person per pet comes into the clinic.
- To allow for social distancing we have a limit of 4 clients in our waiting room at any one time. If reception is busy, please use the intercom to inform us of your arrival and wait outside.
- Please ensure you leave a 1.5 metre gap between yourself and others in the waiting room.
- Due to social distancing requirements and the size of our consultation rooms we ask that you wait in the waiting room while the vet examines your pet. They will discuss their findings/treatments with you in the waiting room.
- Don’t worry your pet will get lots of fuss, treats and TLC from our lovely vets and nurses during their examination.
- We ask that contactless payment methods are used, we are not accepting cash at this time.
- If your pet is being, a member of staff will greet you at reception for admission and we ask that you follow points 1 – 5 above.
- Before admission we will email you with a consent form, please complete it and email back before arriving at the hospital
- Payments can be made over the phone prior to discharge
- An appointment time will be booked for your pets discharge.
Boarding admission forms will be emailed prior to your cats arrival date.
In case of an emergency
Please try to call us before arriving, this will ensure someone is available to help your pet.
For self-isolation or unwell clients
If you have any of the following we respectfully ask you to not come to the hospital. We do not want to put our staff or other clients at risk. Please phone us to discuss options in this situation, we will find a way to help you.
- Returned from Overseas or Victoria in the last 21 days
- Are sick or displaying any flu/cold symptoms
- Have COVID-19
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19
Other important changes:
- Connect with us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/crowsnestanimalhospital/to keep up with how we are responding on services as this pandemic develops
- We have put extra hygiene practices in place, all hospital areas are thoroughly cleaned with a disinfectant that effectively inactivates COVID-19
- Call us for initial advice for you and your furry friend and we will guide you from there.
- We encourage over the phone payments to support physical distancing
- We require all consultations to be booked in advance
- One person per patient per visit
- For pets with minor health issues, ongoing medical conditions we have a Telemedicine option by video available
- We are currently not doing home visits, but still offer pickup and delivery service
- Please phone us to pre-order food and medication, payment will be taken over the phone and it will be ready for collection from our front door. 24 hours’ notice would be greatly appreciated
Thank you for your ongoing support at this difficult time, we really appreciate it. If you have any further suggestions we would value your feedback.
We’re in this together
Dr Jane and the Team at Riverview